Change seat reservation in panoramic trip?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2017 at 15:16:01 #812643

Hi,

Me and my husband will be travelling to swiss for 7 days trip on july 19th.we are planning to take 2nd class swiss pass for 8 days .heard from one of our friend that seat reservation is must for gotthard and golden pano trip and we have done seat reservation for both the train but by mistake we did reservation in 1st class.

in sbb.ch its given that if we have 2nd class GA travel card/1 day travel pass then upgrade for one day with one specific route is possible.so is there any possiblity for us to travel in pano train in 1st class with 2nd class swiss pass as reserved?

http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelca rds-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/class-upgrade.html

is swiss pass and GA travel card are the same?

if not any changes in seat reservation can be done from 1st class to 2nd class to not loss money?

i paid 48CHF for gotthard and 13CHF for golden.

suggestions pls.

Regards,

Roshan.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2017 at 15:31:36 #866954

Hi Roshan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can upgrade to 1st class for just those 2 specific trips with no worries. You can do so at any staffed rail station in Switzerland or you can do so with the SBB (Swiss railways) mobile app. Another forum member laid out how to do so here.

The Swiss Travel Pass and the GA travel card aren’t the same (one for tourists and one for residents) but they offer the same product so when looking for costs and discounts you can go by the GA price.

In the end I think it is less money and hassle to just upgrade for those two trains – you will enjoy first class on them for sure. 🙂 Seeing as how you have the reservation already you can upgrade at any time (upgrades can’t see out, just the seats).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2017 at 15:36:26 #866955

Wow great..thank u so much for ur quick reply..

All the stations are staffed or I have to go in particular ??.if so pls clarify ..

And for upgradation how much approximately I should pay?

Have any idea?

Thanks in advance.you are doing a great job.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2017 at 7:00:39 #866956

Hi Roshan,

Almost all stations are staffed – it is just the small village stations that often aren’t.

You pay the difference between a 1st class ticket and a 2nd class ticket on any train.
    You can find details on ticket prices here:

Golden Pass
    Gotthard Express

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2017 at 7:25:51 #866957

Hai Lucas,

Thanks for the link..now I have an idea..appreciate ur response..keep up the good work..

Roshan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2017 at 7:44:58 #866958

One more clarification ..we are planning to travel from Basel to Paris by train..is there any discount using the pass??

Roshan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2017 at 9:10:34 #866959

Thanks Roshan,

No, there is no discount with any Swiss rail pass – 99% of that trip is in France and Swiss rail passes cover Switzerland only.

You can find tickets for this trip here though!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2017 at 9:17:24 #866960

Thanks a lot for ur kind reply!!

Regards,

Roshan.

• The thread ‘Change seat reservation in panoramic trip?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.