Changing from Golden Pass to the Chocolate Train

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Rushfan
Rushfan
7 posts
May 7, 2017 - 7:29 PM

I'll be traveling from Luzern to Montreux on the Golden Pass. Is it "easy" to get off and take the chocolate train?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 8, 2017 - 1:27 AM in reply to Rushfan

It's not the ease of transfer between trains that is the main issue, but the fact that the Chocolate Train leaves Montreux at 8:57 in the morning, and it is a full-day trip.

In order to catch it if travelling from Luzern, you would need to leave Luzern at 6:00, and would not get back before about 21:00.

If you just wanted to go to the chocolate factory yourself, and not take the actual Chocolate Train, you could go to Broc-Fabrique from Luzern via Bern and Bulle. This is a different, faster route, but still takes almost 2.5 hours each way from Luzern.

Alpenrose

Rushfan
Rushfan
7 posts
May 8, 2017 - 2:24 AM in reply to Rushfan

Well that's most helpful! Thank you!

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
May 8, 2017 - 4:08 AM in reply to Rushfan

Hi Rushfan,

If you are starting off from Fribourg (which I think is what you said in an earlier post) do you still have time to do the chocolate factory before you leave for Luzern? You can get to Broc-Frabrique via Bulle in under an hour.

If you don't have time for an excursion to Broc and still want to visit there you can go from Broc to Montbovon and pick up the Golden Pass train/line and still see maybe the most scenic part of the Golden Pass line.

Depends I guess if you want to do the whole Golden Pass line from Luzern to Montreux in which case you could go Luzern to Montbovon, Montbovon to Broc-Fabrique then Broc-Fabrique to Montreux OR Fribourg to Broc-Fabrique, Broc-Frabique to Luzern, Luzern to Montreux.

There may be other permutations. ;-)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018