Changing reservation dates on Gotthard Panorama

• Shri
    Participant
    4 posts
    21 August 2021 at 17:05:46 #826043

Hello,

I have two questions:

Q1: I am using Swiss Flex Pass and have booked two seats on the Gotthard Panorama Express paying a surcharge of CHF 16 each. I looked at the receipt (which is in German, although I can understand what it is saying in context) and realized the reservation is for a wrong date — off by one day. I would like to get that changed, but cannot figure out how to do that. There is no email contact or phone number that I could find. Could someone please give me pointers on how to do the change? Is there a change fee?

Q2: I will be traveling from Lugano to Luzern and will have some luggage with me. Two large suitcases and two carry on bags. I am assuming I can take these on the train and the boat. Could somebody please confirm.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    21 August 2021 at 17:24:01 #936258

Hi Shri,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Q1. Which reseller did you purchase your Swiss Travel Pass Flex from? Generally, to request for a cancellation you need to send an email to the reseller and provide your booking details in the email. You can contact details and information of some of our partners here: http://www.myswissalps.com/aboutus/partners Please let us know if you need assistance.

Q2. Yes, it is quite common to take luggage on the trains and boats. You can find more information about this here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage

Regards,

Anna

Joejax
    Participant
    93 posts
    21 August 2021 at 19:55:17 #936259

I had made a reservation on the Gotthard Express and a month later got a notice from Happy Rail that they had cancelled the reservation because the train does not run on Monday’s (early October). So just a heads up, if you plan to travel on a Monday, you will have to find another train.

Joejax

Arno
    15482 posts
    22 August 2021 at 6:29:45 #936260

Hi Shri,

The e-mail address to contact is on the last line of your seat reservation.

Enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘Changing reservation dates on Gotthard Panorama’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.