Changing trains at Interlaken Ost platform 7 to 2B

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2018 at 20:04:25 #815584

I’m planning to take the train to Grindewald via Interlaken Ost.

When I’m trying to book for the Supersaver tickets found than there’s only 7 mins for changing train from Platform 7 to 2B.

Is that possible to make it with a group of 5 ppl and luggages?

Which car of the train shall I take so it will be more near to the staircase for changing the platform?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    28 April 2018 at 20:43:24 #883486

Hello Dydy and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You should have no problem making the connection. Interlaken Ost is not a big station. See attached map.

There is a tunnel linking platforms and a ramp down to the tunnel. Easy for wheeling luggage.

The same train goes to both Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen. The first few carriages go to Lauterbrunnen and the rear carriages go to Grindelwald.

In the absolute worst case you miss your train the next one will be along in 30 minutes and will only cost you CHF11 for a ticket.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 April 2018 at 1:12:28 #883487

Hi Rockoyster –

You are certanly right about the connection……Usually they only offer 6 minutes. Seven is an unnecessary luxury, 😉

I like the map. Where di you find it? This question about changing at Interlaken comes up many times per year, and the map is very helpful.

Slowpoke

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 April 2018 at 2:45:27 #883488

Hello Slowpoke,

The “map” is just a screen grab from Google maps. Nice of them to add the platform numbers I thought.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2018 at 6:27:09 #883489

>> Nice of them to add the platform numbers I thought.

Absolutely! That’s a fairly new feature I think – good find!

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2018 at 7:09:35 #883490

Hi Rockoyster! Thanks for your information!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 April 2018 at 9:51:42 #883491

Hi Alpenrose,

It even makes a reasonable attempt at the platforms at Luzern HB. The numbers only appear if you zoom in enough.

How’s the new knee? Are you back in training for the footy season? 😇

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2018 at 10:44:57 #883492

>> How’s the new knee?

Improving all the time! Only a few more sessions of rehab to go. Still need a stick outdoors, but looking forward to getting rid of that soon!

Alpenrose

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 April 2018 at 14:05:28 #883493

<<” It even makes a reasonable attempt at the platforms at Luzern HB. The numbers only appear if you zoom in enough.”>>

<<“Absolutely! That’s a fairly new feature I think – good find!”>>

It sure is

It even works at Langnau im Emmental, where there are two platforms and 3 tracks. My favorite place in the Three Lakes Region, Ligerz, even gets it right! One track, one platform, numbered “1.”

And, at Konolfingen, it even deals with having two track numbers – 4 and 5 – on the same side of one platform. #3 is on the other side.

At Spiez, it will now be easy to explain the notorious “3 minutes to change trains? ” problem, clearly showing one platform with tracks numbered 2 and 3 on the two sides.

Unfortunately, it can’t handle Zürich Hauptbahnhof, where it is really badly needed.

We’ll still have to resort to the Trafimage Map. It does offer the benefit of showing the shops and services, at least.

plans.trafimage.ch/zue rich-hb#?lang=en&layer=zurich_i nnenplan&x=683040&y=24 8078&r=0.15

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Changing trains at Interlaken Ost platform 7 to 2B’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.