Changing trains at St Gallen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 December 2010 at 2:52:03 #804061

Hi
    I’ve purchased train tickets from Geneva to Munich from Bahn.de, as they had better prices and more options than SBB CFF FFS. We have to change trains at St Gallen, but we only have 4 minutes to make the change. We’ll have a young child with us. Is it possible to make the change in such a short time, or should I start worrying now?

many thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    6 December 2010 at 9:57:08 #832001

Hello plumbly,

If I were you, I would ask someone of the train personnel in the train you take last to St. Gallen. They will be able to tell you which platform you’ll have to take for the change, and if you try to leave the train as quickly as possible, my guess would be that four minutes are enough. Normally spoken train connections are very good in Switzerland. Worrying doesn’t help, asking does ;-). I think you will be okay…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 December 2010 at 10:07:42 #832002

very helpful reply. Thank you, Olga :-)[quote]-Olga- said: Hello plumbly,

If I were you, I would ask someone of the train personnel in the train you take last to St. Gallen. They will be able to tell you which platform you’ll have to take for the change, and if you try to leave the train as quickly as possible, my guess would be that four minutes are enough. Normally spoken train connections are very good in Switzerland. Worrying doesn’t help, asking does ;-). I think you will be okay…[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 December 2010 at 6:52:27 #832003

Hi, i have just bought the swiss pass. i was told that upon arrival at the Zurich airport, i could approach the train station captain in the airport to exchange my tickets for pass. may i know where can i find the train captain at the airport and what’s the working hours ?

thanks.

Arno
    15482 posts
    7 December 2010 at 16:42:12 #832004

Hi Bluesky,

I’m not entirely sure what you mean. Normally, when you purchase a Swiss Pass, you would receive the pass rather than a ticket/voucher that should be exchanged to get the pass. Anyway, the train station is easy to find by following the signs (with a train on it, I think they’re brown) at the airport. Opening hours can be found at the website of the SBB.

I hope this helps. If not, please let me know!

• The thread ‘Changing trains at St Gallen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.