Changing trains from Lucerne to Basel - platforms?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Rotnie
Rotnie
1 post
Jul 6, 2018 - 1:27 PM

Hi Swissalps,

I am coming to Switzerland in this October. We are planning to stay in Lucerne.

We would like to go to Paris from Lucerne in the Morning( Taking the TER from Basel to Paris via Strasbourg Train No TER 96208). From Lucerne to Basel IR 27- 3456 which is starting at 5.30am Lucerne and reaches Basel at 06.45 at Plat Form No 7.

After getting down at Basel is it possible to catch the TER 96208 Train at 6.51 am. Could you tell me TER 96208 starts from which Plat Form.

Thanks & Regards,

Rotnie Padua

Muscat , Oman

Lucas
Lucas
9868 posts
expert &
Jul 6, 2018 - 4:33 PM in reply to Rotnie

Hi Rotnie and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss railways timetable at https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable shows you the platform departures for all trains. In your case it is platform 31. I don't think you can make that 6 minute connection. It is not listed as a suggested connection when searching for Lucerne to Paris.

I'd search Lucerne to Paris and see what the timetable shows for suggestions.

You can leave at 05:54 and arrive Paris at 10:38 (Paris-Est). It gives good connections at Basel and Strasbourg.

Last modified on Jul 7, 2018 - 9:07 AM by Annika
1960man
1960man
745 posts
top member
Jul 10, 2018 - 12:28 AM in reply to Rotnie

Why are you travelling via Strasbourg?

The direct TGV from Basel goes to Paris every 2 hours from 08.34 to 18.34 each day. It is easy to get a connecting train from Luzern to Basel

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018