Charger / Socket in Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2011 at 12:40:39 #804313

Hi All,

I am traveling to Zurich from India, and will be there around 10 days, and roaming around near by diff places with in Swiss. would like to know if I need to buy any adapter / socket for charging my camera / mobile phone. OR same charger as we have in india will work there. please let me know immdtly, as I have less than 24 hrs to buy.

-Thanks in advance for your help.

-Best Regards
    Shanker

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 May 2011 at 2:16:35 #832898

Hi Shanker,

There’s some information about half way this page, and kropla.com provides more detailed information about sockets in different countries. You should be able to purchase an adapter at Zurich airport, and there are a lot of stores at the Zurich main rail station as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2011 at 4:39:39 #832899

My Swiss/European charger works in India so I think you’ll be OK. But your Indian sockets are not all the same are they? I’m sure I’ve seen more than one type in India.

• The thread ‘Charger / Socket in Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.