Charging mobile phones on Swiss trains

• Zairy
    Participant
    42 posts
    12 December 2019 at 2:30:22 #824642

Hi,

Is there a place where I can charge my phone on my way to Jungfraujoch and Schiltorn from Interlaken?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 December 2019 at 4:52:31 #926333

A lot of trains in Switzerland now have power points above or close to the seats. I don’t recall if any of the Jungfrau regions trains are so-equipped. I’d make sure I had the phone charged before leaving Interlaken if I was you.

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    12 December 2019 at 6:54:10 #926334

When we were in Switzerland I carried a portable power bank with me as taking photos quickly drains the battery in a mobile phone.

Jane

Zairy
    Participant
    42 posts
    12 December 2019 at 9:19:42 #926335

Thanks Rockoyster.Thanks JaneEB . Thats what i’m afraid of.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2019 at 18:19:13 #926336

Hi Zairy,

I do not remember either, as I’ve never looked for it. A power bank is a good idea, as Jane suggested. If you would like to make sure, you could write them an email with your question: info@jungfrau. ch

Also see:

mestettler
    Participant
    27 posts
    13 December 2019 at 9:49:13 #926337

Hi Zairy,

I would also check to make sure your plug works in the Swiss outlets. I always carry two electrical outlet converters with me so I can plug in my American power cords for laptop and phone. Also, since I took lots of pictures when I was in Switzerland, I also carry a power bank with me.

• The thread ‘Charging mobile phones on Swiss trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.