Chästeilet in the Justis valley

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 14:25:33 #811205

Does anyone know the time this cheese dividing festival in the Justistal begins. The Sigriswill tourism web site shows 10:00 a.m and the Interlaken tourism web site shows 11:00 a.m. I inquired by email to the Beatenberg tourism and was answered it starts at 2:00 p.m. I know this can not be right because the last shuttle leaving Grön for Sigriswill is at 2:30 p.m. and Alpabzüge (cows returning) from the Justis valley runs 2:00-6:00 p.m..

I also get mixed information on the route of Alpabzüge. Does it go to Sigriswil or to Beatenberg? Or maybe both?

Any details about this festival is appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 17:04:51 #860587

Wow, that is a lot of conflicting times for one festival!

I’ll give you one more for good measure – the Interlaken tourism website shows 10:30am now and the Swiss Tourism website says 11am. I’m not sure you you should trust any answer you get and just go for 10am so you won’t miss anything.

As for the Alpabzüge, there are a few different events noted here – it would be best to try and contact the one directly that you are looking for as I can’t find specific routes.

It is hard to plan out these types of trips to small villages as they run on what I call island-time. 🙂 Gotta travel loose.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Chästeilet in the Justis valley’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.