Jungfrau Travel Pass & Swiss Half Fare Card?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2018 at 16:11:55 #814917

My family group of 8 is headed to Wengen via Zurich (arriving and departing airport) at the end of July. We will be based out of Wengen and spending most of the time there hiking. We are planning a day trip to Bern and to Reichenbach falls. I am thinking we will most likely buy a Half Fare card and the Jungfrau pass. I have done the spreadsheet and the numbers are close to several of the rail options. Just wondering if this is a feasible option. Thanks in advance for the advice!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2018 at 20:18:53 #879601

Hi Watermeln and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The math won’t lie…usually. 🙂 And yes, it’s not uncommon to pair those passes together. In fact, you also get 25% off the Jungfrau Travel Pass if you have the Swiss Half Fare Card. You would want to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card online before departure, and then buy the Jungfrau Travel Pass once you have it (online or on the spot).

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Travel Pass & Swiss Half Fare Card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.