Chiasso to Luzern train recommendation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 9:46:47 #812078

Good morning, first of all congratulation for your web page it is really useful. We are going to travel to Bergamo, Italy 12th of July and then 13th of July we will going to Switzerland. Our first stop will be in Luzern for two days. Our idea is to pass 8 days Swiss travel Pass. Actually we will use it just for 6 days but I think we don’t have any other option. Is it correct? My idea is to get Chiasso and then start to use Swiss travel pass. In the beginning, I would like to get Gotthard Panorama Express but after seeing some comments I have changed my mind. Also my idea was after Gotthard Panorama Express to get a boat from Fluelen to Luzern but it would take more than 8-9 hours all route (Bergamo to Luzern) and I think it is really tough for the first day with my three years old son. My question is which train you recommend us from Chiasso to Luzern. I believe once we arrive to Luzern we try to enjoy the city for the first day.

Thank you very much in advance for your recommendations.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 10:41:25 #864338

Hi Elturco and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Great to hear you are finding our website useful!

Well, the Gotthard panorama Express would be perfect for you from Lugano to Luzern. If you decide you don’t want to take the actual panorama train you can take regional trains on the same route. You can travel over the mountain or under the mountain depending on how much scenery you want to see vs. a super fast, super long tunnel. 🙂

You also can skip the lake cruise to shorten your trip – regardless of what train/route you take.

All options for this are noted on our Gotthard Panorama Express page here.

I hope that helps – let us know if you have more questions!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 June 2017 at 22:08:03 #864339

Thank you very much Lucas. It helps me a lot. I am sure that I will make you more questions soon.

• The thread ‘Chiasso to Luzern train recommendation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.