Children with Swiss Half Fare or Swiss Travel Pass

• sreraku
    Participant
    68 posts
    14 May 2018 at 17:44:31 #815963

Hello forum members

I am back as I have to start booking trains for my trip in oct. I read the info on the page for half fare it says, with family card children travel free (6-15yrs) with accompanying adult who has half fare card. My confusion is as follows

1) Do I need to buy half fare card for children too? ie if I am taking my kid (say 10yrs) on train, I need to have the half fare card and the ticket. Do I need to buy half fare for my kid too in this instance?

2) Do I buy half fare card and family card (which is free) separately? Where do I get the family card?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 May 2018 at 22:44:37 #885176

When you order your Swiss Half Fare Card (for each adult) you also should order a free Swiss Family Card at the same time.

Your child then travels with you for free. When travelling adults need to have a half fare ticket. No ticket required for child. Just show your ticket, SHFC and SFC to the inspector on the train.

sreraku
    Participant
    68 posts
    14 May 2018 at 23:04:13 #885177

Thanks rockoyster.

That means, I dont need to buy a SHFC or SFC for my kid either correct?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 May 2018 at 23:14:11 #885178

You don’t need to “buy” a Swiss Family Card. You don’t need a Swiss Half Fare Card for your child.

When you order your Swiss Half Fare Card (for each adult) you also should order a free Swiss Family Card at the same time.

sreraku
    Participant
    68 posts
    15 May 2018 at 1:20:26 #885179

Got it. So, I just buy HFC for me and a family card. That should do.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 May 2018 at 2:39:57 #885180

Correct.

• The thread ‘Children with Swiss Half Fare or Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.