Chocolate factories nearby Lucerne or Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Enigma
Enigma
34 posts
May 14, 2019 - 3:38 PM

Hi,

Are there any chocolate factories nearby Lucerne or Zurich that allow a tour of the actual factory? I looked up the Lindt factory outlet in Kilchberg, but it seems that's only a shop and the factory is not open to tourists.

Steph
Steph
1624 posts
top member &
May 14, 2019 - 7:24 PM in reply to Enigma

Hello Enigma,

The chocolate factories are normally not open for visit, as they have very strict hygiene rules and it's tricky opening the production to public.

However I know that you can make your own chocolate at Chocolate Frey Visitors Center in Buchs, near Aarau, not too far from nor Zurich or Lucerne and also Lindt offers an event creating chocolate yourself, check below links for details:
- www.chocolatfrey.ch/en /visitor-centre/overview
- www.zuerich.com/en/vis it/tours-excursions/chocolate-experience

Hope this helps, otherwise you'll simply have to eat the chocolate and rely on the production process by testing the result.. :)

Best,
Steph

Enigma
Enigma
34 posts
May 16, 2019 - 10:20 AM in reply to Steph

Thanks Steph,

I guess it is the Lindt outlet then! My son won't mind not having to see the chocolate making process as long as he gets to eat it in plenty (same for me) :)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019