Chocolate factories nearby Lucerne or Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2019 at 15:38:20 #821640

Hi,

Are there any chocolate factories nearby Lucerne or Zurich that allow a tour of the actual factory? I looked up the Lindt factory outlet in Kilchberg, but it seems that’s only a shop and the factory is not open to tourists.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2019 at 19:24:50 #912354

Hello Enigma,

The chocolate factories are normally not open for visit, as they have very strict hygiene rules and it’s tricky opening the production to public.

However I know that you can make your own chocolate at Chocolate Frey Visitors Center in Buchs, near Aarau, not too far from nor Zurich or Lucerne and also Lindt offers an event creating chocolate yourself, check below links for details:
    http://www.chocolatfrey.ch/en /visitor-centre/overview
    http://www.zuerich.com/en/vis it/tours-excursions/chocolate-experience

Hope this helps, otherwise you’ll simply have to eat the chocolate and rely on the production process by testing the result.. 🙂

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2019 at 10:20:38 #912355

Thanks Steph,

I guess it is the Lindt outlet then! My son won’t mind not having to see the chocolate making process as long as he gets to eat it in plenty (same for me) 🙂

• The thread ‘Chocolate factories nearby Lucerne or Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.