Chocolate factory tour: Broc or Flawil?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Vidhi J
Vidhi J
33 posts
Jun 12, 2018 - 9:38 AM

Hi again!

Third day in Switzerland and my whole family is loving it! We're currently staying at Zurich and we'll be checking out tomorrow to catch the 6.25pm Golden Pass Express from Zweisimmen in the evening. Before that, I had originally planned to do the Broc chocolate factory tour tomorrow before catching the Golden Pass train but we would've had to lug around all our luggage with us. I recently came across the option of Flawil chocolate factory which is just an hour away from Zurich. So if I visit it instead of the Broc factory, then it'll save time and we won't have to carry our luggage around. So what I want to know is:

1. Will I be losing out on something if I do Flawil factory instead of Broc one? We've already bought one batch of chocolates from Lindt Heaven at Jungfraujoch.

2. What are the charges and duration of the Flawil factory tour? Can't seem to locate the info online.

3. Can I add some other interesting village or attraction in that area to the Flawil factory excursion considering I've to reach Zweisimmen (from Zurich) in time for the 6.25 pm Golden Pass departure? Condition being that the route should be covered by Eurail Pass.

Thanks in advance :)

Lucas
Lucas
6430 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2018 - 1:06 PM in reply to Vidhi J

Hi Vidhi J,

1. I haven't been to either unfortunately. They both look fun though!
  2. The website is here for the Maestrani chocolate factory in Flawil: http://www.maestrani.c h/en/
  3. I'd head to St. Gallen for a couple hours. Read about my trip there here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/forum/topic/st-gallen-voralpen-express-from-zurich
    Then take the Voralpen Express to Luzern and on to Zweisimmen (either following the whole Golden Pass route if you have time or take a train via Bern to get to Zweisimmen quicker.
Last modified on Jun 13, 2018 - 7:28 AM by Arno
Arno
Arno
10555 posts
expert &
Jun 13, 2018 - 7:32 AM

The one in Broc is very nice. I haven't visited the other one, but I wouldn't hesitate if that's much easier to fit in your plans. It looks interesting too.

There are luggage services by the way, so no need to travel with it. But the quickest services do need to be booked in advance: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage.

Last modified on Jun 13, 2018 - 7:32 AM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018