Where and how to buy Chocolate Train tickets from Montreux?

• ccyy12
    Participant
    2 posts
    18 February 2024 at 17:37:32 #1146338

hi all, may i know how to purchase Chocolate Train ticket? I have tried SBB.CH and enter the destination from Montreux, fares came out to be only CHF24,80; whereas i read that from Google the train ticket should be CHF89-99. is there any other website that i can purchase the “correct” train ticket?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2361 posts
    18 February 2024 at 22:06:50 #1146345

Hi ccyy12,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

All about booking a trip on the Chocolate Train can be found in the below link, scroll to “Where to book your Chocolate Train tickets”, if you also navigate to “Other websites of interest”, you’ll find additional information too.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

ccyy12
    Participant
    2 posts
    19 February 2024 at 9:08:19 #1146361

Thank you so much. I have been trying to purchase from the website, but seem like it’s only open for sales starting March 2024. May i know can i purchase single train ticket only instead of the package that include return train tickets & entrance fees?

Anna
    6382 posts
    19 February 2024 at 20:09:44 #1150521

Hi ccyy12,

The Chocolate Train is a fully arranged 1-day excursion by train and bus from Montreux. But you can also plan a trip yourself if you don’t wish to be part of a group tour. You can find planning tips from the following links:

Self-guided trip to Maison Cailler : https://www.myswissalps.com/activity/maison-cailler/

Self-guided trip to La Maison Gruyere: https://www.myswissalps.com/activity/la-maison-du-gruyere/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Where and how to buy Chocolate Train tickets from Montreux?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.