Choose Grindelwald Hotel Bernerhof or Sunstar?

• taurus0515
    Participant
    106 posts
    4 January 2023 at 12:11:25 #828831

I am looking at Hotel Bernerhof and Sunstar. Bernerhof is 3-star, a tad less expensive and nearer to the train station and co-op. Sunstar is 4-star, is further away but has many more good reviews. What other factors do I need to consider to decide? Trip in Sept (3-8), senior citizen. Planning trip only to BO. No hotel hopping.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2023 at 17:32:01 #949342

Hi taurus0515,

Hotel Bernerhof Grindelwald (https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Hotel_Bernerhof_Grindelwald.htm) and also Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald (https://www.hotelscombined.com/Hotel/Sunstar_Hotel_SPA_Grindelwald.htm) have great reviews.

I recommend booking with free cancellation – this can be important as September is quite far.

The Hotel Sunstar is 700 m away from the train station which is not far but it is a bit uphill. You can also take a bus if you feel tired.

Both of the hotels look nice.

Ildiko

Lastlook
    Participant
    183 posts
    5 January 2023 at 22:35:58 #949343

I took at look at both hotels and for me, it would depend on how much time I’d actually spend at the hotel during my stay, and whether or not I’d have time to use/enjoy all of the amenities. If you’re just looking for a clean place to sleep and will be gone most of the day, the Bernerhof would be adequate. However, the Sunstar would be my choice if it is just a “tad” more expensive as the ambiance and amenities would be worth it to me. They are both close enough to the train station to make it convenient for any excursions outside of town. Hope this helps you make a decision.

• The thread ‘Choose Grindelwald Hotel Bernerhof or Sunstar?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.