Choosing seats when reserving Glacier Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 11:47:57 #811533

Hi everyone

I am sure this has been asked before but I can’t find relevant thread with the answer!

I have been on Glacier Express website to reserve seats for travel in July. We will have 1st class STP so only need reservation. The allocated seats were in a 4 seat block but we wanted the 2 seat block on the other side of the carriage. I tried to deselect the seats and choose the 2 seat block but it didn’t respond. I aborted the reservation process as I didn’t know whether I could change seat allocation after payment had been made. Can anyone help please?

Maggie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 12:25:06 #862127

Hi Maggie,

You should be able to make changes on the seat reservation before proceeding. It is possible the seats weren’t available? I noticed some trains are sold out when on the https://www.glacierexp ress.ch/en/website.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Choosing seats when reserving Glacier Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.