Choosing best train transfer ticket Zurich-Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 7:48:03 #811380

Hi

We are flying to Zurich from the UK in July for 1 week in Wengen. Our hotel will provide us with a ‘Jungfrau Travel Pass’ – my query is please ‘What train ticket do we purchase to cover the return journey from Zurich to Wengen & the cost?’

Many thanks in anticipation.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 11:00:26 #861422

Hi sloopjohnb and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think if you only need to cover the trip from Zurich airport to Wengen, you may want to look into the Swiss Transfer Ticket. It will cover your entire trip on your first and last days in Switzerland. You can buy the ticket online and print it at home. This way you just jump on your train at Zurich airport and go!

Otherwise you can buy a ticket from Zurich airport to Wengen when you arrive and then another on your return. you can check train schedules and fares here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 12:53:09 #861423

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your reply. I don’t think I explained my query in full!

I believe what I need is a rail ticket that will get us from Zurich to Wengen on 14th July, return to Zurich on 21st July and 50% off boat, train etc whilst there which when combined with the ‘Jungfrau Travel Pass’ for 6 days (which also provides 50% off) will give us inclusive travel.

Again many thanks.

Arno
    15483 posts
    12 April 2017 at 13:29:03 #861424

Hi Sloopjohnb,

You may have purchased a “Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi” before, or a “Swiss Card”. Both products have been discontinued. I recommend to consider the below options:

1. Swiss Half Fare Card
    2. Swiss Half Fare Card combined with a 6-day Jungfrau Travel Pass (25% off for Swiss Half Fare Card holders)
    3. 8-day Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland
    4. 8-day Swiss Travel Pass

That’s a lot of options. But I think if you have a clear picture of what you want, should be able to make a choice pretty quickly. You can forget about option 1 if you prefer ticketless traveling, and you can forget about option 2 if you want to be able to explore a wider region, e.g. visit Bern or Lucerne on a bad weather day. Be sure to download the coverage map from all of the above pass links.

• The thread ‘Choosing best train transfer ticket Zurich-Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.