Christmas eve dinner tips for Zurich?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 November 2017 at 17:44:32 #813725

any restaurants to recommend for a family christmas eve dinner in Zurich? Local swiss food would be nice else open to any cuisine

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2017 at 9:12:45 #872309

Hi Shareenpang,

Without spending a lot of time checking opening hours around town I would think you will be limited to hotel restaurants only.

A couple that spring to mind are the Hotel Storchen and the Hotel Rigiblick and Bar Au Lac as some nice options.
    Not sure on your price range but generally the more expensive the hotel the pricier the meals.
    Where are you staying while in Zurich?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2017 at 11:35:11 #872310

Hi Lucas, thanks for the suggestion. That was what I thought of too.

i ll be renting an apartment at Oerlikon area. Any recommendations for restaurants or hotels nearby that I can consider?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2017 at 13:14:20 #872311

Take a look at the Swissotel and Hotel Sternen but Oerlikon train station to Zurich main station is only about 5 minutes on a train so you could go downtown quite easily as well. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 November 2017 at 15:42:22 #872312

Thank you! Will check out the restaurants at the hotels suggested

• The thread ‘Christmas eve dinner tips for Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.