8 day Christmas stay including Montreux

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Janestho24
Janestho24
5 posts
Jul 4, 2019 - 1:39 PM

My husband (69 years old) and I (67 years old) are planning to visit Switzerland between 19 Dec and 26 Dec this year. My main destination is Montreux (to see the Santa Claus flying over in the sky). I wonder if you all can give me some advice , your experiences and hotels you stayed . I also wish to visit the Rhine Falls.

• After arrival in Zurich (19/12) in the afternoon, check in hotel.
  • On the next day (20/12), proceed to Montreux by train,visit Montreux Noel.
  • On 21/12 (Sat), visit Rochers-de-Naya.
  • On 22/12, go back to Zurich.
  • On 23/12, go to Schaffhausen and The Stein Am Rhein (Christmas market) but do not know which hotel(3 star) to stay near to Rhine Waterfall.
  • Actually, Basel and Bern are to be included if possible. Need to leave Zurich on 26/12. Looking forward to your assistance. Thank you.
Annika
Annika
6101 posts
expert &
Jul 4, 2019 - 3:32 PM

Hi Janestho24 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Great that you get to spend Christmas in Switzerland. Please find some tips below:

Will you be using public transportation? If so, an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass will be very convenient: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass.

Last modified on Aug 27, 2019 - 7:53 AM by Arno
Janestho24
Janestho24
5 posts
Jul 4, 2019 - 5:45 PM in reply to Annika

Thank you very much Annika for the tips:)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019