8 day Christmas stay including Montreux

• Janestho24
    Participant
    5 posts
    4 July 2019 at 13:39:02 #822647

My husband (69 years old) and I (67 years old) are planning to visit Switzerland between 19 Dec and 26 Dec this year. My main destination is Montreux (to see the Santa Claus flying over in the sky). I wonder if you all can give me some advice , your experiences and hotels you stayed . I also wish to visit the Rhine Falls.

• After arrival in Zurich (19/12) in the afternoon, check in hotel.
    • On the next day (20/12), proceed to Montreux by train,visit Montreux Noel.
    • On 21/12 (Sat), visit Rochers-de-Naya.
    • On 22/12, go back to Zurich.
    • On 23/12, go to Schaffhausen and The Stein Am Rhein (Christmas market) but do not know which hotel(3 star) to stay near to Rhine Waterfall.
    • Actually, Basel and Bern are to be included if possible. Need to leave Zurich on 26/12. Looking forward to your assistance. Thank you.
  • The thread ‘8 day Christmas stay including Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.