About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum City ticket vs Saver Day Pass: Zollikon - Thun
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

City ticket vs Saver Day Pass: Zollikon - Thun

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
IB37
IB37
2 posts
May 5, 2021 - 5:47 PM

Hello

How do you choose between ticket options when planning for a long day trip ? For eg zollikon to Thun, I see -

city ticket 72 chf; saver day pass 59 and day pass for half fare card is 75 chf.

what is the best option if just need train, local buses in both cities, and maybe boat trip? Not quite sure what is excluded in one vs other.

please advise, thanks for the assistance.

regards

IB

Ildiko
Ildiko
1090 posts
top member &
May 6, 2021 - 12:26 PM in reply to IB37

Hi IB and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Saver Day Pass would be a good choice for you, as it is valid on busses, trains, buses, boats and also city transport is free with it. You can see the validity map here: www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass/validity

If you have a Saver Day Pass for your day trip you are also flexible, meaning that you can change your itinerary even at the last minute.

You can read more about it here: www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass and buy it at www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass/price.

I hope this helps,

Ildiko

For information about Thun visit www.myswissalps.com/thun and www.myswissalps.com/boatlakethun.

Last modified on May 9, 2021 - 11:37 AM by Arno
Annika
Annika
6389 posts
expert &
May 7, 2021 - 6:54 AM in reply to IB37

Hi IB! I agree with Ildiko that Saver Day Passes are a good solution, especially for somewhat longer trips. Note you'll have to buy them in advance, so you'll have to be sure of your travel dates. A Swiss Half Fare Card (www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard) combined with discounted tickets (www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerlandhalffare) might work very well too. The Swiss Half Fare Card also provides a discount on Saver Day Passes. The combination of a Swiss Half Fare Card and discounted Saver Day Passes is worth your consideration if you mainly plan short trips, plus a few days with more expensive trips, such as longer boat rides.

Unfortunately the only way to tell which option is cheaper is to make a list of all your plans and calculate the options. This process is explained at www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass. The coverage of each pass/ticket can be found under the "Where it's valid" section of our rail pass pages, e.g. www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/validity.

I hope this gets you started!

IB37
IB37
2 posts
May 7, 2021 - 7:31 AM in reply to Ildiko

Thank you both for the details and quick response. Will look at the provided links , very useful. Thanks

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021