Clarification regarding Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2011 at 8:37:27 #804454

Hello!

I have 4 questions regarding the Swiss Half Fare Card:

1) This card does, in fact, give a 50% discount on trips from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch AND on trips from Murren to the Schilthorn?
    2) I realize that this pass is valid for one month. My trip is from July 25th to August 3rd (i.e., it spans only 10 days, but also spans two different months). Will the Swiss Half Fare Card cover my entire trip of 10 days even though it spans over two separate months?
    3) After looking at this website, I see that it appears to be cheaper to purchase the ticket after arriving in Switzerland (perhaps at the Zurich airport, or Zurich train station). Is this correct? Or is it actually cheaper to purchase it via this website and have it mailed to me ahead of time?
    4) Just to confirm, does this card provide a 50% discount on public transportation boats travelling on Lake Lucerne?

Thank you very much for your time! I appreciate any response you can give!

Jenn

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 July 2011 at 11:48:10 #833376

Hi Jenn,

1) & 4) Yes, the Swiss Half Fare Card provides 50% discounts there. There’s a map you can access from the Swiss Half Fare Card page that shows where the card is valid.
    2) No problem! Calendar months are not relevant to Swiss Travel System passes. You get a full month of discounts, e.g. July 25 to August 24.
    3) All local and online prices are listed at the Swiss Half Fare Card page. Most passes are cheaper online, but this one is shipped from Switzerland in most cases, so it can indeed be a bit more expensive online.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2011 at 13:55:33 #833377

Thank you so much Arno! You have been very helpful!

• The thread ‘Clarification regarding Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.