Clothing for June trip in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 14:54:42 #815631

Dear Member

We are travelling with family of 4 ( 2 adult and 2 kids aged 11 years and 4 years) in June second week.

We will be traveling to Geneva, Interlaken and Zurich. we will be visiting Jungfraujoch , Mt Titlis.

can you please recommend about the woolens and clothing we need to carry along with us ?

Will one layer of fleece will be enough on mountains?

how about boots or normal spor shoes will work ? Do we need to carry gloves too ?

Thanks in advance

Varun

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 5:00:55 #883695

Hi Varun,

Learn more about the weather in Switzerland here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland/nature.

Jeans and a few layers including a fleece should be fine. Depending on how much and how difficult your hikes are I would bring good walking boots. If you’re not much of a hiker, normal sport shoes will be ok.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 10:57:44 #883696

Hi Chantal

Thanks.

We will not go for hiking.

Also should i book travel to Jungfraujoch in advance (i will be buying swiss pass) or wait for the weather condition. We are planning for 12th June?

Also how about the Glacier express, do i need to book in advance ? I am planning to take partial trip on Glacier express starting from Interlaken to Brig to CHUR to Zurich ?

Thanks in advance

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 12:34:44 #883697

Hi Varun,

Wait for the weather forecast before purchasing any tickets for the Jungfraujoch.

For the Glacier Express you need to book your seats in advance. You can do that online: http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/packages. From Brig to Chur you’re on the Glacier Express.

• The thread ‘Clothing for June trip in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.