Combine Bernina and Gotthard Panorama Express tour

Combine Bernina and Gotthard Panorama Express tour

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
RAMDEEP
RAMDEEP
1 post
Apr 7, 2017 - 5:45 AM

I am staying in Thun for our holiday and wish to cover the scenic train journey. could someone guide me that if I plan to take the Bernina express complete journey till Lugano , is it possible for us to take the Gotthard express from lugano and back to Lucerne after overnight stay .

Arno
Arno
9571 posts
expert &
Apr 7, 2017 - 3:58 PM

Hello Ramdeep,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Bernina Express departs from Chur at 8:32 AM, and you won't be able to get there all the way from Thun in time. But you can travel the same route by regular trains a little later and still be in time for the 2:40 PM Bernina Express bus from Tirano to Lugano. It is a very long trip for one day! Personally I'd rather stay in Chur for the night, or in St. Moritz (you could take the Glacier Express from Brig to get there).

Indeed the next day you can take the Gotthard Panorama Express to Lucerne. I'd recommend the Golden Pass line from Lucerne to Interlaken to Spiez to change for Chur there. Again a long day, but wonderful.

The above links and timetable will help you to plan this.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017