Combine Bernina and Gotthard Panorama Express tour

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2017 at 5:45:24 #811304

I am staying in Thun for our holiday and wish to cover the scenic train journey. could someone guide me that if I plan to take the Bernina express complete journey till Lugano , is it possible for us to take the Gotthard express from lugano and back to Lucerne after overnight stay .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 April 2017 at 15:58:43 #861090

Hello Ramdeep,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Bernina Express departs from Chur at 8:32 AM, and you won’t be able to get there all the way from Thun in time. But you can travel the same route by regular trains a little later and still be in time for the 2:40 PM Bernina Express bus from Tirano to Lugano. It is a very long trip for one day! Personally I’d rather stay in Chur for the night, or in St. Moritz (you could take the Glacier Express from Brig to get there).

Indeed the next day you can take the Gotthard Panorama Express to Lucerne. I’d recommend the Golden Pass line from Lucerne to Interlaken to Spiez to change for Chur there. Again a long day, but wonderful.

The above links and timetable will help you to plan this.

• The thread ‘Combine Bernina and Gotthard Panorama Express tour’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.