Combining Swiss Travel Pass Flex and Tell Pass?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Debra
Debra
153 posts
Feb 25, 2018 - 5:24 PM

Since I will be in Switzerland for 17 travel days this summer, I will be outside the 15 day swiss travel pass window (except if there is another promotion like last year where it added 2 extra days for free). Since I was going to spend 7 days in the luzern and engelberg areas I thought some combination of a travel pass flex and Tell pass could work. My question is, even if I did get all 17 days covered on a swiss travel pass, it seems advantageous to have the Tell pass because of a greater discount (free, mostly) on the mountain cables around Titlis especially rather than just 50% off with the STP. And I will be using these lifts several days. Any ideas?

Lucas
Lucas
9613 posts
expert &
Feb 25, 2018 - 5:48 PM in reply to Debra

Yes, that could work well for you. The Tell Pass does give better discounts to the Luzern area.

There is a 5 day Tell Pass that you could combine with the Swiss Travel Pass Flex. It is popular for some itineraries to combine passes like that, also the Tell Pass with a Swiss Half Fare Card or a different regional pass altogether, depending on what makes sense with your itinerary.

On our page: How to choose the best rail pass, the spreadsheet can help you do the math with the different calculations.

Debra
Debra
153 posts
Feb 25, 2018 - 10:48 PM

Thanks so much Lucas, but I do not have Excel so I cannot see the speradsheet, as last year.

Arno
Arno
11357 posts
expert &
Feb 26, 2018 - 8:51 AM in reply to Debra

Hi Debra,

It's an Excel-sheet but you don't necessarily need Microsoft Excel to open and edit the sheet. It can even be done on Apple devices, for example: itunes.apple.com/us/ap p/microsoft-excel/id586683407?mt=8. In any case, the Excel sheet is helpful and saves time, but you can follow the same methodology on a sheet of paper if you prefer.

Last modified on Feb 26, 2018 - 8:51 AM by Arno
Debra
Debra
153 posts
Feb 26, 2018 - 4:07 PM

When clicking on the link for the spreadsheet, a pop up comes up asking you to buy microsoft office. Can't see the spreadsheet.

Arno
Arno
11357 posts
expert &
Feb 28, 2018 - 10:22 AM in reply to Debra

Sorry Debra, I'm not an iOS expert. Perhaps check if they also offer Quickoffice? I believe that is a free version of Microsoft Office including Excel. But you can use a paper notepad as well. It will take a bit more time but not much. All the steps are the same.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018