Hotels between Alpamare and Mainau Island

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 13:50:20 #811365

Planning a trip May 26-29. We want to take the kids to Alpamare. Also thinking about Mainau Island. What other things are there to see/do? What are some cities to look into for lodging that would be a happy medium between the two places?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 17:59:33 #861337

Hi Lorib and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The 2 main towns between these destinations are Zurich and Winterthur, there are many other smaller villages along the way you could perhaps stay if you want. We have a list of recommend accommodation for Zurich here.

For Winterthur you can search here for hotel options.

I’m not familiar with either area unfortunately, they are fairly unique attractions for Switzerland and Germany – don’t get many questions on them! 🙂 Both are on or near a very nice lake with Lake Zurich and the Bodensee. You can take a cruise on Lake Zurich which is certainly popular, but I haven’t any experience on the Bodensee except crossing it by ferry.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 19:31:35 #861338

Thanks so much for your response. I will look into the cruise and check the 2 cities you mentioned. Have a great evening!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 19:34:22 #861339

Oh my, thanks for the links to lodging! How nice! Thanks!!!!!

• The thread ‘Hotels between Alpamare and Mainau Island’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.