Tips for last night between Wengen and Geneva

Tips for last night between Wengen and Geneva

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
julian1989
julian1989
7 posts
May 6, 2017 - 5:17 AM

Hi All,

We will be staying in Wengen from the 24- 28th of June and our current plan is to head to Zermatt for the last night (28-29 June). Currently, we had booked a night at Zermatt which can be cancelled at the last minute. Understand that the Matterhorn region is not worth going should the weather fouls up.Our flight leaves at 9.30pm on 29 June from Geneva.

1. As such, can anyone provide us with suggestions on where to stay for our last night (28-29June). Preferably in a spa town within a maximum of 4hrs by train from Geneva.

2. How early should we reach Geneva Airport for an International flight by etihad.

Thanks

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
May 6, 2017 - 9:45 AM

Hi julian1989, welcome to MySwissAlps!

That's right, good weather in Zermatt is definitely favorable in terms of views. But to be honest that goes for nearly all towns in Switzerland. Whether or not skies will be clear can only be told about 1 or 2 days in advance. Some other spa options are:

• Leukerbad (about 3 hours from Geneva)
  • Gstaad (a luxurious town, about 2h45 from Geneva). This would allow you to use the Golden Pass line Interlaken - Zweisimmen - Gstaad - Montreux when heading from Wengen to Geneva.

Your flight operator should be able to inform you how early you should arrive at the airport. But to be safe I'd take about 2-3 hours for check-in and customs procedures.

Last modified on May 6, 2017 - 9:46 AM by Annika
julian1989
julian1989
7 posts
May 6, 2017 - 10:46 AM

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your tips.

I checked Leukerbad, looks like a beautiful place. We might consider Leukerbad as an alternative.

As for Gstaad, the spas are much more expensive than Zermatt in general.

While doing some research, I came across this placed called Yverdon Les Bains. Any ideas on the quality of the spas there?

Regards

Julian

Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
May 6, 2017 - 11:19 AM

Hi Julian,

Yes, Leukerbad may be a good alternative. If you're heading there from Wengen and you're up for a scenic trip, mind to enter "Goppenstein" as a via-station when entering your trip in the timetable. That way you'll actually pass the mountains and avoid the quicker but non-scenic Lötschberg tunnel.

Gstaad is very luxurious indeed. I haven't been to Yverdon-les-Bains, so I can't comment on that.

julian1989
julian1989
7 posts
May 6, 2017 - 2:23 PM

Hi Annika,

Thank you for the tips.

Heres to hopping for good weather come end-June!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018