I am currently still scheduled to leave the US on May 26. Family of 4 traveling together, our adult children are 25 and 19. This trip was planned, because we've been thinking that traveling as a family in the future may become something of the past with the kids ages and schedules. I know this virus situation is evolving daily, so I'm just preparing myself, if I will need to modify some of my itinerary or reschedule the trip for later in the summer. However, my travel dates need are restricted to the beginning of June because of work and one of my children has a summer internship program she has already committed to.
My itinerary is (for now) as follows:
May 27 -29 - Lucerne (I've contacted Hotel Villa Honegg to see if they will still be open, no response yet)
May 29 - June 1 - Wengen (I was just informed that the Beausite Park Hotel in Wengen, will now be closed until June 5). So I am am looking for an alternate property. Any recommendations of places to stay in Wengen ???
June 1 - 3 - Zermatt - I contacted the hotel Julen, and as of this morning, they are scheduled to reopen April 19.
June 3 - Glacier Express out of Zermatt. Seat reservations already purchased for the Excellence Class
June 3 and on, I'm scheduled in Salzburg and Munich, and return home June 10. I've been in contact with these hotels.
As you already know, a lot of time goes into planning a Switzerland itinerary, and as I think about having to modify/reschedule everything, especially my Swiss Travel Passes, and Excellence Class Seat reservations, hotel bookings, I'm just overwhelmed.
1) everything, we just have to wait and see what transpires from here on out.
2) rescheduling or changing the Excellence Class Reservations (at this time, my travel dates have not been posted about possible interruptions)
3) modifying the dates for the Swiss Travel Passes. (again, the dates for my Swiss Pass Pass have not been posted for changes)
4) If I have to reschedule for a few weeks later (due to travel date restraints), I will need to get in touch with all the hotels I have reserved, to see if they have availability on very specific days, so everything coordinates again. I'm worried some of the hotels could be sold out, who knows though.
I'm being optimistic that I will still be able to travel, however I have an open mind that this trip could be scrubbed for my May 26 departure.
I'm hoping to get a new hotel in Wengen for my original dates. And after mid April, if the travel restrictions haven't changed, then I will have to look possibly for some new travel dates.
I am in the Travel Industry, and this Covid-19, has definitely affected my business with trip cancellations, and reschedulings for journeys that were departing in April and early May. Still have trips scheduled but on alert if they will depart for mid-may to the end of May. It will be a wait and see.