Jungfraujoch route & ticket with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Kandis
Kandis
9 posts
Sep 10, 2019 - 11:07 AM

Hi All,

Im still deciding where is the most convenient place to stay because 2 of my main trips will be Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch.

Is Murren ideal to visit both these places, if not, which Village? We only have 3 full days in Switzerland so im looking to stay in 1 place.

Is this the best route to Jungfraujoch and is it all covered by the Swiss Pass?

Can someone please explain up to what Point of the Jungfraujoch trip does the Swiss Pass cover and NOt cover.

If i Book the Jungfraujoch trip with my Swiss Pass and the Weather is bad, do i forfeit or can i go the next day,

From Interlaken Ost station to Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald via the Bernese Oberland Railway. Change to the Wengernalp rack railway and go to Kleine Scheidegg. Ride the Jungfrau Railway directly from there to Jungfraujoch Top of Europe.

Kind regards

rockoyster
rockoyster
7303 posts
expert
Sep 10, 2019 - 11:15 AM in reply to Kandis

Lauterbrunnen is perhaps a good compromise.

For Jungfraujoch have you looked at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity and www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e?

From Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schiltorn (don’t miss The Thrill Walk at Birg) and even Allmendhubel if you have time. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Well worth a look. The entire circuit and side trips are free with the Swiss Travel Pass in 2019 apart from the Allmendhubel Funicular (50% discount) and the Falls (modest entry fee).

Kandis
Kandis
9 posts
Sep 10, 2019 - 11:25 AM

thankyou for your Reply, is this part of the journey covered by Swiss Pass:

Section 1, option 1: Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg via Lauterbrunnen

If you choose to travel via Lauterbrunnen you can best sit on the right of the train when departing from Interlaken. You'll have a slightly better view that way. After changing trains in Lauterbrunnen, the best view in the train to Kleine Scheidegg is again on he right.

www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e

Arno
Arno
13981 posts
expert &
Sep 10, 2019 - 12:08 PM

Hi Kandis,

It's free until Wengen, then 25% off. Please see Rockoyster's first link, or www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019