Cost of child 8yrs for Gotthard Panoramic Express

• Tiffhauser
    Participant
    5 posts
    25 April 2023 at 2:29:29 #829686

Hello, I am wanting to understand what the cost is for an 8 year old to travel on the Gotthard Panoramic Express? The parents hope to buy tickets using a 1st Class Saver Day Pass (not the Swiss Travel Pass). We also have a 5 year old travelling, but I understand that age is free. Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    25 April 2023 at 7:22:04 #953768

Hi Tiffhauser,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

For your 8-year old, you can either purchase a Saver Day Pass Child or a Junior Travel Card. If this not your only trip while in Switzerland, I recommend getting the Junior Travel Card, which will allow her to travel along for free as long as you have a valid ticket or railpass. You can find more details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/juniortravelcard

Regards,

Anna

Tiffhauser
    Participant
    5 posts
    25 April 2023 at 9:01:48 #953769

Thank you kindly Anna!

• The thread ‘Cost of child 8yrs for Gotthard Panoramic Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.