Cost of everything for Luzern to Mt. Rigi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2017 at 2:44:26 #811235

withIHi I will be in Switzerland on April 6-8. I have only the 7th to enjoy. This is my plan:

Go from Luzern to Weggis by lake boat and take the cable car to Rigi Kaltbad.Then take the train on up to Rigi Kulm. And train back down to Vitzna to board the boat again. IF there is time , take it to Flüelen for the wonderful scenery and return to Luzern by boat.

Is this the best way of planning? Do I have to go to rigi klatbad in order to get to rigi kulm?

I need to know exactly what would be the total cost for two adults for all of the above please? I have looked a lot but I can’t make sense of exactly the total amount.

Also, we are traveling by car from Zurich, how much does parking cost?

Best,

Aveen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2017 at 9:13:15 #860756

Hi Aveen,

You do have to go through Rigi Kaltbad to get to Rigi Kulm from Weggis. You can search for trains/boat schedules and fares on the Swiss railways timetable here.

Luzern to Weggis is 19.60, Weggis to Rigi Kulm is 45.00 and returning to Luzern via Vitznau is 72.00 All prices in Swiss Francs with no rail pass discounts.
    You can search for schedules and prices for all train and boat routes here.

You can see more info on the routes to Mt. Rigi here.

Parking costs in Zurich or other cities depends on where you are parking. Expect 3-4 chf per hour.

If you have any issues let us know.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Cost of everything for Luzern to Mt. Rigi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.