Cost of trip to Pilatus and rigi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2012 at 9:27:53 #804972

Ii will have a few days in Luzern and am trying to work out the best pass option. I have two questions:

1 Are the passes valid for full discount on the Rigi? It seems to me they are. I’d like to take the boat to Vitznau go up and come back down to Arth Goldau. what is the full fare for such a trip?

2. Same question for the Pilatus, where it seems to me that part of the fare would have only 50 % off.

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    4 March 2012 at 11:57:35 #835048

Hi franbemadd,

Whether any rail pass will be economical for you depends on the number of days you want to travel (as well as time of the year: sometimes there are special offers if you don’t travel alone) and where you want to go (long trips or short trips).
    On the page of any Swiss pass on this website (please check the first link I mentioned, just select the pass you want to see) you will find a link to a (PDF) overview of vailidity of this particular pass.

If you opt for the Swiss Pass, for example, you will see that you can reach Rigi from Lucerne and reach Art-Goldau (continue to Lucerne) for free.

Reaching Pilatus from Lucernce with 50 % discount between Alpnachstad and Pilatus. (No reduction though if you want to continue from Pilatus to Kriens and from there back to Lucerne).

I hope you will have a nice time in Switzerland!

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2012 at 4:25:15 #835049

Thank you

• The thread ‘Cost of trip to Pilatus and rigi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.