About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Costs of apartments and tourist tax in Grindelwald
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Costs of apartments and tourist tax in Grindelwald

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Bheemesh
Bheemesh
8 posts
Apr 19, 2022 - 8:36 AM

Hello Friends.

Greetings.

We are family of 3 booked flights for vacation in Switzerland during May last week 2022.

We have plans to spend 5 nights in the Bernese Oberland or Jungfrau region. Currently i searched for prices of full apartment cost in

Interlakken, Grindelwald, Wengen and Lauterbrunnen. I felt prices for apartments in Interlakken mostly lesser than Grindelwald.

The taxes per night in Grindelwald were also quite expensive. Do you have any better suggestions?

We plan to have a cooking option for us in the facility where we will stay.

We plan to cover Jungfraugh mountain visits, Mount First and the Gondola, other mountain rides like Toboggon and also spend couple of days visiting country side in and around the region.

Please suggest if you have a better itinery.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Bheemesh

Anna
Anna
2970 posts
expert &
Apr 19, 2022 - 1:50 PM in reply to Bheemesh

Hi Bheemesh,

I'm sorry you are having problems finding a suitable accommodation in Grindelwald. With most of the pandemic-related measures lifted, demand for hotels and holiday rentals have increased as people are allowed to travel again with less restrictions. So this is reflected in the prices. Grindelwald is a popular mountain destination and not as a big as Interlaken so accommodation supply is slightly limited. Alternatives would be to stay in neighbouring towns/villages such as Wengen, Lauterbrunnen and Mürren. Or even Interlaken itself.

Here are a few suggestions to help you organise your itinerary:

Regards,

Anna

Bheemesh
Bheemesh
8 posts
Apr 21, 2022 - 4:57 AM in reply to Anna

Thank you so much Anna for your inputs/suggestions.

Yes, i agree post 2 years of pandemic, tourisms has started showing lot more promises and the demand and supply has become a challenge.

Also looking at your suggestions and looking at connectivity of public transport in Switzerland, we preferred to chose Interlakken as our base and travel across the area to cover mountains and the country side.

Thanks once again for suggested trips during our stay, very much appreciate the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Bheemesh

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022