Country information on SBB ticket for Swiss Pass

• pklele
    Participant
    9 posts
    22 June 2017 at 14:14:45 #812364

Hi,

I am resident of USA but a citizen of different country. The SBB ticket I got has COUNTRY information on it saying United States and then passport information for my country. What is the COUNTRY information on the ticket used for? I assume it is referring to country of residence, so when I travel do I need an ID showing proof of residence? I will also have my country passport with me.

Thnx

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2017 at 16:12:19 #865591

Hi,

The country section is for your country of residence normally (but it is assumed your passport is from there as well).

IE I am Canadian, living in Switzerland, but whenever I am asked for my country information I put Canada as that is my passport.

I think in your case, if you have your residence permit and your passport information (which matches the passport information on your Swiss Travel Pass) it would be sufficient for the train conductor with a quick explanation. In the end as long as the passport information matches you should be fine!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Country information on SBB ticket for Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.