Swiss Travel Pass - from Italy to Lucern to Paris

Swiss Travel Pass - from Italy to Lucern to Paris

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Roman1234
Roman1234
5 posts
Sep 21, 2017 - 3:12 AM

Hello

We are going to have swiss travel pass and we need to travel from Venice to Lucern and Lucern to Paris as per our travel plan.

I was checking the SBB website for reservation. However, I couldnt find an option to pay only for the Italy and France stretch of those travels.

From/to which rail station the Switzerland jurisdiction starts for Swiss travel pass? Is there an option to buy one single ticket for Venice to Lucern and only pay for the Italy side of the trip? Or do I need to buy 2 tickets for one journey ( One each for Italy portion and Switzerland portion of the journey)?

Thanks for helping

Zico

rockoyster
rockoyster
914 posts
top member
Sep 21, 2017 - 4:43 AM in reply to Roman1234

Hello Zico and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

If you use the SBB Timetable to search for Venice to Luzern (German spelling) you should come to a page which looks like the attached.

To receive the Swiss Travel Pass benefit you want to select the reduction for Switzerland as GA 2.cl 1 year /GA Subscription (assuming you have a 2nd Class STP). The SBB ticket shop is set up for Swiss Residents so does not show the Swiss Travel Pass Option. You might want to read this as well www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy and this www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france

The Swiss Travel Pass becomes operational at the Swiss border (in this case Chiasso).

Last modified on Sep 21, 2017 - 4:45 AM by rockoyster
Please login to see the attached documents
Lucas
Lucas
3339 posts
expert &
Sep 21, 2017 - 9:51 AM in reply to Roman1234

Hi Zico,

Since your Swiss Travel Pass will cover travel in Switzerland, we often suggest just buying a ticket from Venice to the Swiss border town (Chiasso) and then from the Swiss border town (Basel) to Paris. You can use the links Rockoyster gave you above to buy those tickets.

You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass online here. It can be emailed to you for printing at home which is the easiest option (no need to line up at a rail office and you have an electronic back up).

Lucas

Last modified on Sep 23, 2017 - 5:40 PM by Arno
Roman1234
Roman1234
5 posts
Sep 22, 2017 - 5:01 PM

Thank you for all those suggestions.

Just to confirm, when I get in the train from Interlaken to Lucern or any 2 stations on Glacier Express Route, I dont need to buy any tickets if I have a swiss travel pass? The train comes and I just get in right?

Are there routes which not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass excluding cable cars?

rockoyster
rockoyster
914 posts
top member
Sep 22, 2017 - 9:41 PM in reply to Roman1234

Hi Zico,

Yes, with Swiss Travel Pass just board any regular train. You also need to have your passport readily available for identification if asked. Panoramic trains like the actual Glacier Express also need a reservation before boarding.

Some (very few) trains only offer a discount and therefore need a separate ticket. Refer to map at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity to see full coverage details.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017