Crystal Ride at Matterhorn for groups only

• Ajittipnis
    Participant
    87 posts
    1 February 2019 at 14:00:05 #819721

I understand that Crystal Ride at Matterhorn will be closed during the winter unless there is a request from a group of 10 Pax.

We 5 people will be visiting Matterhorn on 18th March 2019, is there any group of 5 Pax or Individual who will be there going to Matterhorn on same day, so that we can together give a request and enjoy this Crystal Ride.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    1 February 2019 at 15:26:10 #903308

Hi Ajittipnis,

Too bad it’s only on request and for groups in winter. I did not know that. Where did you get that information? I hope you find 5 more people!

For other readers: the Crystal ride is a luxurious new cabin of the new cableway to Klein Matterhorn. More details and links are here: http://www.myswissalps.com/kl einmatterhorn/gettingt here

Ajittipnis
    Participant
    87 posts
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2019 at 1:08:57 #903310

Is it specifically the Crystal ride or just the ride on the cableway you are after?

The cable car runs all the time it’s just the cabins that are limited (as I understand it)

I’m not surprised that the special crystal cabins are time limited.

Ajittipnis
    Participant
    87 posts
    3 February 2019 at 11:22:42 #903311

I am indeed looking for Crystal Ride at Matterhorn.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2019 at 1:02:35 #903312

I think you have misunderstood my comment.

The cable car has ordinary cabins and crystal cabins. If you are only interested in the Crystal cabin itself and don’t want to do the ride in a normal cabin then you won’t be able to do it on your date without a group of the required number

• The thread ‘Crystal Ride at Matterhorn for groups only’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.