Best place in Switzerland to exchange currency

Best place in Switzerland to exchange currency

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ashima
ashima
12 posts
Jun 16, 2017 - 5:47 PM

What is the best place in Switzerland to exchange currency - franks to euros or vice versa?

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3625 posts
expert
Jun 16, 2017 - 6:43 PM in reply to ashima

Hi Ashima-

I found this thread by using the search function of the Forum. It has a lot of information that will help you.

Slowpoke

Ravi Kishore
Ravi Kishore
10 posts
Jun 17, 2017 - 4:30 PM

Hi Ashima,

Do you want to exchange the currency or withdraw Franks from ATM using your EUR card?

If you withdraw from the Post Finance ATM (I found one in Luzern train station) , you get the best rate. Withdrawing CHF from ATM gives better rate than currency exchange.

If you want to exchange currency, you can also try at the train ticket office.

Using credit card or debit card is much better than currency for your transactions.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3625 posts
expert
Jun 17, 2017 - 4:39 PM in reply to ashima

Hi Ashima -

Ooops-

I did not include the link:

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/money-exchange

The ATM' s of the major banks UBS, Credit Suisse, Zürich Kantonal Bank, Raifeisenbank.....give the same rate as the Post Finanz ATM's.

The Post Finanz ATM's are quite common at post offices ( diePost) throughout Switzerland.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017