Best place in Switzerland to exchange currency

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2017 at 17:47:53 #812292

What is the best place in Switzerland to exchange currency – franks to euros or vice versa?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 June 2017 at 18:43:00 #865232

Hi Ashima-

I found this thread by using the search function of the Forum. It has a lot of information that will help you.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2017 at 16:30:15 #865233

Hi Ashima,

Do you want to exchange the currency or withdraw Franks from ATM using your EUR card?

If you withdraw from the Post Finance ATM (I found one in Luzern train station) , you get the best rate. Withdrawing CHF from ATM gives better rate than currency exchange.

If you want to exchange currency, you can also try at the train ticket office.

Using credit card or debit card is much better than currency for your transactions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    17 June 2017 at 16:39:21 #865234

Hi Ashima –

Ooops-

I did not include the link:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/money-exchange

The ATM’ s of the major banks UBS, Credit Suisse, Zürich Kantonal Bank, Raifeisenbank…..give the same rate as the Post Finanz ATM’s.

The Post Finanz ATM’s are quite common at post offices ( diePost) throughout Switzerland.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Best place in Switzerland to exchange currency’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.