Minimum cash Swiss francs for a 13 day trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2019 at 11:48:35 #821587

Hi how much cash to carry? What could be the per day expenses? We are three. 2 adults and 1 child. Did 15 day SWISS PASS. BOOKED seats for Golden Pass, GEX and BEX. Paid all airbnb and hotel reservations.

Will do mt titlis,Pilatus , jungfraujoch.

Also intend to do some mountain excursion at Zermatt.

Please guide how much currency cash plus card to be carried approximately in total.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2019 at 13:01:11 #912151

Hello Docbony,

It is always recommendable to carry some cash on you, wherever you’re traveling. This depends a lot on how you spend the day apart from traveling, e.g. food, souvenirs, extra needs, etc.

I think to say having 100.- Swiss Francs per person on you, assuming you also hold some card for emergencies and to withdraw at ATMs, is a reasonable amount. I personally also prefer having a little more cash on me than needed, rather than having to run around searching for ATMs. Generally credit cards are widely accepted and ATMs widely spread, so no problem.

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw issfranc
    http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/cash

Hope this provides you the information you need.

Best,
    Steph

Rkghauri
    Participant
    26 posts
    12 May 2019 at 16:33:39 #912152

Hi docbony,

If you are ok with the credit card conversion rates and want to use your credit card more + you have already booked you tickets/hotels etccc … than 1000 to 1500 Swiss franks will be more than enough for extra needs.

also do calculate the activities you have planned and have not yet purchased the ticket … how much do they cost … you want to pay cash or use credit card for them. You can adjust accordingly.

Best Regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2019 at 20:23:50 #912153

You could spend 75CHF or 200CHF or 300CHF on food a day depending where you eat. I use ATMs and get cash out as I need it. My credit card is only for emergencies even though it is an international fee free card.

• The thread ‘Minimum cash Swiss francs for a 13 day trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.