4 days Switzerland scenery, trains and sightseeing

• Neknek
    Participant
    2 posts
    17 August 2018 at 19:25:48 #817933

My husband and I will visit Swiss (for the first time) will be landed in Zurich @ 9:30 am on the 19th of Sept and leaving on Sept 23 @ 11am . Our interests are the scenery, train experience, sightseeing and a little bit of city tours. And I want to utilize the free benefits of swiss pass like going to glacier express, bernina express schilthorn and other free benefits. Can you help me to customize my trip or any suggestion please? Also I am thinking if I am or not to stay in one hotel during those days? If not, I am thinking about our luggage. Is there a locker for luggage just in case?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2018 at 10:59:30 #894424

Hi Neknek and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It will be hard to do both the Schilthorn and either the Glacier Expreess or Bernina Express as they aren’t close to eachother.

If you want to do both or even try all three, you’ll need to move around a fair bit and you don’t have much time in Switzerland.

You could go straight to Chur from Zurich and overnight. Then take the Bernina Express to Tirano then the bus to Lugano in one day. The next day take part of the Glacier Express trip to Zermatt for an overnight there. Finally back to Interlaken for a night to get to Schilthorn.

A very busy schedule though. Use the timetables here to plan out the trips to see if it is something you want to try and do. http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

You will need to decide which trips are most important and prioritize unless you want to move towns each night in order to do everything.

Neknek
    Participant
    2 posts
    18 August 2018 at 18:45:19 #894425

Thank you so much for your suggestions. It helps me a lot to customize my trip and time in Switzerland.

• The thread ‘4 days Switzerland scenery, trains and sightseeing’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.