Date correction in Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 8:35:11 #817244

Hi !

Last night I purchased a 3-day continuous Swiss Travel pass from the HappyRail.com site for 2 adults and one youth in one single order. We would be using the passes from 29/07/2018. But while entering the details on the site, I erroneously left the Validity Start date to default value (14/07/2018) for the Youth pass while the dates in the 2 adult passes are OK.

Since this morning, I have been trying to contact Customer Support and, to my dismay, I realised how user unfriendly the HappyRail site is. There is simply no link for part cancellation or cancellation of full order. Worse, one cannot contact them over phone in case of emergency like this. The only option to communicate them is through the messaging service available on the site, which i promptly did this morning. But even though they claim that they revert back in 1 hour mostly, they are yet to communicate with me, neither through mail, nor through mobile.

I am in a total fix, as I have to leave India by 16th July and must sort this out immediately. Please advise how i can get the date corrected for the one Youth ticket.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 July 2018 at 8:58:54 #891269

Hi Manashpoddar,

I’m sorry to hear that! They will get back to you within 4 hours during European business hours, so from India that may take a little longer due to the time difference. Cancelling Swiss Travel Passes online is unfortunately not possible regardless of where you buy. You will have to go through the company you purchased from. The normal procedure, again regardless of where you buy, is that the original pass is cancelled and you’ll get an 85% refund. Then a new one is issued. I wouldn’t worry as I expect this to be completed in time for you, but if your new pass arrives on the 16th or 17th you can still get it from your mail and print it at the airport or your hotel for example.

If you haven’t heard from them in say, 2 hours from now, please post your order number here and I’ll see if I can reach out for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 10:45:35 #891270

Hi ! Arno,

Thanks a lot. Thats really nice of you.

I have received a mail from HappyRail just a few minutes back. I am asking them to cancel the pass. I will myself do the purchase again.

Incidently, my HappyRail order no for 3 passes is 125390609 and the Ref no. for the wrong pass is OT 02089948 7334.

Thanks

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 July 2018 at 18:17:52 #891271

I heard back from them that it’s all solved. Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘Date correction in Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.