Date correction in Swiss Travel Pass

Date correction in Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
manashpoddar
manashpoddar
15 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 8:35 AM

Hi !

Last night I purchased a 3-day continuous Swiss Travel pass from the HappyRail.com site for 2 adults and one youth in one single order. We would be using the passes from 29/07/2018. But while entering the details on the site, I erroneously left the Validity Start date to default value (14/07/2018) for the Youth pass while the dates in the 2 adult passes are OK.

Since this morning, I have been trying to contact Customer Support and, to my dismay, I realised how user unfriendly the HappyRail site is. There is simply no link for part cancellation or cancellation of full order. Worse, one cannot contact them over phone in case of emergency like this. The only option to communicate them is through the messaging service available on the site, which i promptly did this morning. But even though they claim that they revert back in 1 hour mostly, they are yet to communicate with me, neither through mail, nor through mobile.

I am in a total fix, as I have to leave India by 16th July and must sort this out immediately. Please advise how i can get the date corrected for the one Youth ticket.

Thanks

Arno
Arno
11165 posts
expert &
Jul 13, 2018 - 8:58 AM

Hi Manashpoddar,

I'm sorry to hear that! They will get back to you within 4 hours during European business hours, so from India that may take a little longer due to the time difference. Cancelling Swiss Travel Passes online is unfortunately not possible regardless of where you buy. You will have to go through the company you purchased from. The normal procedure, again regardless of where you buy, is that the original pass is cancelled and you'll get an 85% refund. Then a new one is issued. I wouldn't worry as I expect this to be completed in time for you, but if your new pass arrives on the 16th or 17th you can still get it from your mail and print it at the airport or your hotel for example.

If you haven't heard from them in say, 2 hours from now, please post your order number here and I'll see if I can reach out for you.

manashpoddar
manashpoddar
15 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 10:45 AM in reply to Arno

Hi ! Arno,

Thanks a lot. Thats really nice of you.

I have received a mail from HappyRail just a few minutes back. I am asking them to cancel the pass. I will myself do the purchase again.

Incidently, my HappyRail order no for 3 passes is 125390609 and the Ref no. for the wrong pass is OT 02089948 7334.

Thanks

Arno
Arno
11165 posts
expert &
Jul 16, 2018 - 6:17 PM in reply to manashpoddar

I heard back from them that it's all solved. Enjoy your trip!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018