Day trip for Jungfraujoch from Mürren

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Biggette
Biggette
10 posts
Jun 24, 2018 - 2:23 PM

Hello - this is my first (and likely of many) blog questions. After reading and trying to figure a day to Jungfraujoch, this is what I have in mind. I am staying in Murren. Early morning.....Plan to take bus to Wengen. Catch the Mannlichen lift (gondola?) and hike the Mannlichen - Kline Scheidegg trail. From there, take train to the Jungfraujoch. Return trip - back down to Klein Scheidegg and catch train to wengen (unless you can suggest other options). Sounds very do-able to me, what do you think? Also would the Half-Fare Travel Card give 50% off Mannlichen left and Jungfraujoch train? Many thanks carol

Snowman
Snowman
271 posts
top member
Jun 24, 2018 - 3:31 PM in reply to Biggette

Ain't no bus from Mürren to Wengen. But trains. Your plan looks like a bit heavy for one day.

Lucas
Lucas
9846 posts
expert &
Jun 24, 2018 - 3:59 PM in reply to Biggette

Hi Biggette and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You're plan can work but a longer day. You can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan all your trips around the area: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. It will show you the type of transport used (bus, train cable car etc) and duration.

Yes, the Swiss Half Fare Card gets you 50% off all those trips. You can see the coverage on the PDF map here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/validity

You can buy the Swiss Half Fare Card online through a retailer here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisshalffarecar d/price
They can be emailed to you within hours and be printed at home (so you have the card with you upon arrival and no need to go to any rail office (and a back up is there to print again in case you lose it).

Last modified on Nov 1, 2018 - 4:17 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018