Day trip from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch in June

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2018 at 22:24:59 #814485

Hello,

We are traveling with a tour group that will be stopping for 2 days in Lucerne. My family and I would like to take a day trip from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch and back. Because it is one day, I’m not sure the Swiss Pass would be good. The confusing part is that when I plug in the town names, more than one name comes up for Interlaken and Grindelwald!?? Please let me know your expert opinion on the most inexpensive way to do this on June 27th, 2018. Thanks, Sheri

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 February 2018 at 0:24:25 #877062

Hello Sheri and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

There are two station at Iterlaken, Ost and West. The trains to Jungfraujoch via Grindelwald or Wengen depart Interlaken Ost. Using the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) just enter Luzern to Jungfraujoch to find the fastest route. If you click on your preferred departure time and then the + sign next to each train it will expand to show the stops along the way. The fastest route takes 4 hours one way.

I would say the only way of saving any money on the trip would be a Saver Day Pass (http://www.myswissalps.com/on edaytravelpass/details) if you can get it for the lowest price of CHF52. You will still have to pay full fare beyond Wengen or Grindelwald.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 February 2018 at 9:54:19 #877063

Hi sameduri,

Indeed there isn’t any really cheap ways to get to Jungfraujoch unfortunately. For price information from nearby towns(under more information) and retailers you can buy tickets from click here.

• The thread ‘Day trip from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch in June’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.