Day trip from Zurich to Germany

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 12:35:32 #815927

My home base for a 4 night stay in Switzerland will be Zurich. I will be doing day trips to Lucerne, Mt. Rigi, Interlaken. I would also like to perhaps do a day trip to Germany. Are there any suggestions for a day trip to Germany from Zurich?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 19:06:02 #885037

Hi tpappan,

What are you interests in Germany? My first thought is Munich but it really depends on what your interest are. Are you traveling by train and when are you traveling?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 May 2018 at 3:23:14 #885038

Konstanz is in Germany – just.

You can get there from Zurich in about 1 hour.

From there you can get a boat cruise along the Rhine River to Stein am Rhein or Schaffhausen and then continue from there to the Rhine Falls and back to Zurich.

A nice round trip and you will be able to say you visited Germany.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    14 May 2018 at 7:54:57 #885039

I would suggest the Black Forest (St Blasien, Titisee). But you would need to have a car for a daytrip. BTW cuckoo clocks are made in the Black Forest, not Switzerland (well, Black Forest …or China nowadays…)

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    14 May 2018 at 7:57:48 #885040

To plan an international trip using different travel modes, you can use Rome to Rio:

http://www.rome2rio.com/de/ma p/Z%C3%BCrich/Sankt-Blasien-Deutschland

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2018 at 9:00:11 #885041

>> BTW cuckoo clocks are made in the Black Forest, not Switzerland

Some are made in Switzerland!

http://www.eda.admin.ch/about switzerland/en/home/do ssiers/einleitung—schweizer-uhren/spezielle-uhren–die-kuckucksuhr-.html

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Day trip from Zurich to Germany’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.