Day trip in the Bernese Oberland from Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2018 at 3:35:28 #817636

To introduce some friends to Switzerland, in early October I would like to do a circular day trip via Grindelwald to Jungfraufoch and then go Murren via Grimmelwald, but need help with timings etc. if it is indeed possible to do. We are all in our 60’s, relatively fit and early starts are not an issue.

I have found train timetables and see that they all leave the various stops every 30 minutes, but I have not been able to find out how to get to the Strechelberg cable way from Lauterbrunnen and on up to Murren.

I also need to know how long each leg of this part takes and should we stop for a look in Grindelwald or Grimmelwald? [I haven’t visited either before] or is the day going to be full enough.

I have walked from Murren to Grutschalp in the past and would like to do so again but don’t recall how long this takes – I’m thinking 1 hour – Could you please remind me? Or should I find a similar walk somewhere around the circle that is equally easy and scenic?

Also how much time should I allow at Jungfroujoch?

We will be travelling on Swiss Passes and I understand that from Grindelwald to Wengen is not covered by the pass but is reduced by 25%. Is this correct?

Many Thanks

• The thread ‘Day trip in the Bernese Oberland from Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.