Day trip to Flüelen by boat from Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 8:38:20 #815846

Hello myswiss Alps experts,

I wish to check whether one day trip from Interlaken to Fluelen is doable ? what route you suggest if i dont have Gotthard express reservation with Swiss pass and wish to be back to Interlaken.

We are staying at Interlaken from 17-21st May, on 20th May i wish to do this route back to Inerlaken and on 21st Mt Titlis, check out from Interlaken keep luggage at Engelberg and overnight at Zurich before train to paris on 22nd.

How long will it take from Interlaken to Lucern and Back ?

Pl suggest.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 May 2018 at 10:01:08 #884713

You are actually posting in the Trip Reports forum which is probably not the best place to attract a full range of answers to your questions. But . . . . .

The SBB Timetable is the way you can figure out how long it takes to get from A to B anywhere in Switzerland.

The paddle steamer which forms part of the Gotthard Panorama Express route is just a regular service. You can’t make a reservation on the Lake Lucerne boats so don’t let that stop you going to Flüelen which is a very nice trip. You can easily catch a train from there back to Lucerne.

When you go to Titlis I would leave luggage at Lucerne rather than carting it all the way to Engelberg.

You probably mean the Swiss Travel Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 10:18:58 #884714

Thank you Rockoyster,

Mybad !! Apologies.

I am trying to amend my reservation to see if i can stay that night at Lucern which will make commuting easier to both Fluelen and Titlis.

Much appreciate your suggestion. looking forward to the trip !

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 May 2018 at 10:21:46 #884715

Staying in Lucerne would be a good plan.

• The thread ‘Day trip to Flüelen by boat from Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.