Day trips recommendations by rail from Zurich

Day trips recommendations by rail from Zurich

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
hsucindy
hsucindy
4 posts
Jul 5, 2018 - 1:33 PM

I have 3 days that I would like to do days trips from Zurich and have a Swiss Travel Pass. I was planning on going to Bern and Lucerne. Any suggestions for the third day? I have been to the Jungfrau Region, The Matterhotn, and have ridden the Glacier Express already. Thank you.

Lucas
Lucas
7117 posts
expert &
Jul 5, 2018 - 3:44 PM in reply to hsucindy

Hi hsucindy and welome to MySwissAlps!

Are you looking for a town visit or mountain trip? Perhaps a scenic train trip?

Most all of Switzerland can be reached as a day trip from Zurich. How much do you want to travel that day?

I've posted about some day trips I've made from Zurich on the trip report forum over the past year or so. Have a read through them in case any interest you.

hsucindy
hsucindy
4 posts
Jul 6, 2018 - 9:43 AM

Thank you for your information Lucas. We had been considering going to the Rhine Falls, but didn’t know if there were any other sights that we should not miss or if this would be good to see. I don’t think we are looking for another scenic train trip since we have done the Glacier Express.

Lucas
Lucas
7117 posts
expert &
Jul 6, 2018 - 12:15 PM in reply to hsucindy

Perhaps you'll enjoy the Rheinfall then together with Stein am Rhein (see my 3rd link for town details).

https://www.myswissalp s.com/rheinfall

You could also look at a lake Zurich boat trip or trip to Uetliberg. Both described on our Zurich activity page: https://www.myswissalp s.com/zurich/activitie s

Gunzel
Gunzel
101 posts
Jul 6, 2018 - 7:30 PM

Plenty of options without making your visit an endurance test!

Consider northeast Switzerland too especially if you're getting a Swiss Travel Pass. But there are many shorter options within the ZVV (greater Zurich) fare area. T

The short train ride to Uetliberg suggested by Lucas is a great trip. And some tram rides around Zurich suburbs are very pleasant too.

Enjoy your travels and, as always, PPPPP: prior planning prevents poor performance!

hsucindy
hsucindy
4 posts
Jul 6, 2018 - 10:31 PM in reply to Gunzel

Thank you for your input and suggestions. Uetilberg does sound like something we would enjoy and close.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018