Day trips recommendations by rail from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 13:33:00 #817096

I have 3 days that I would like to do days trips from Zurich and have a Swiss Travel Pass. I was planning on going to Bern and Lucerne. Any suggestions for the third day? I have been to the Jungfrau Region, The Matterhotn, and have ridden the Glacier Express already. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 15:44:45 #890298

Hi hsucindy and welome to MySwissAlps!

Are you looking for a town visit or mountain trip? Perhaps a scenic train trip?

Most all of Switzerland can be reached as a day trip from Zurich. How much do you want to travel that day?

I’ve posted about some day trips I’ve made from Zurich on the trip report forum over the past year or so. Have a read through them in case any interest you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 9:43:43 #890299

Thank you for your information Lucas. We had been considering going to the Rhine Falls, but didn’t know if there were any other sights that we should not miss or if this would be good to see. I don’t think we are looking for another scenic train trip since we have done the Glacier Express.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 12:15:27 #890300

Perhaps you’ll enjoy the Rheinfall then together with Stein am Rhein (see my 3rd link for town details).

https://www.myswissalp s.com/rheinfall

You could also look at a lake Zurich boat trip or trip to Uetliberg. Both described on our Zurich activity page: https://www.myswissalp s.com/zurich/activitie s

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    6 July 2018 at 19:30:55 #890301

Plenty of options without making your visit an endurance test!

Consider northeast Switzerland too especially if you’re getting a Swiss Travel Pass. But there are many shorter options within the ZVV (greater Zurich) fare area. T

The short train ride to Uetliberg suggested by Lucas is a great trip. And some tram rides around Zurich suburbs are very pleasant too.

Enjoy your travels and, as always, PPPPP: prior planning prevents poor performance!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2018 at 22:31:05 #890302

Thank you for your input and suggestions. Uetilberg does sound like something we would enjoy and close.

• The thread ‘Day trips recommendations by rail from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.