Day trips from Zurich - train pass help

Day trips from Zurich - train pass help

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
skrauss
skrauss
1 post
Apr 12, 2017 - 3:52 PM

Hi All! I am so excited to be visiting Switzerland for the first time in early May. I'm flying into Zurich (from NY) From there I'm flying to Salzburg and basing myself there for 5 days. After that I am taking the train back to Zurich and finishing up my trip in Zurich for 3 days. My plan is to take days trips, by rail, from Zurich to Colmar, Strasbourgh and the Bernese Oberland. From what I've read, people advocate for just taking a train to the Oberland as opposed to going on a group tour. I am a solo traveler and I am comfortable traveling alone but I'm also unsure about how involved it will be to get there from Zurich.Do you suggest just doing point to point rail travel or should I buy a pass? Thank you for all of your help and suggestions!

Sue

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Apr 12, 2017 - 5:42 PM in reply to skrauss

Hi Sue,

The easiest option for you is to buy a 3 day Swiss travel Pass. This will cover 95% of all train routes in Switzerland - some special mountain trains are discounted only and not fully covered.

With this pass you can just hop on any train you choose - no other tickets or reservations are needed. You can buy it online here, and then print at home to have with you when you arrive in Switzerland.

You can also check out train schedules for your trips here.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017