Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Day trips from Zurich with train for 4 days

Day trips from Zurich with train for 4 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Dvrvarma
Dvrvarma
1 post
Feb 20, 2020 - 4:44 AM

I am stopping in Zurich for 4 days enroute to India. I may have 4 large suitcases. With that in mind I wanted to get hotel in Zurich for 1 day so that I can leave the luggage in hotel for rest of my trip and travel light.

On day 1 is there a place I can visit and be back to Zurich preferably to hotel near airport? I want some good senic place to visit.

Also for Day 2, 3 and 4 I can take trains and go around. Any suggestions please ?

rockoyster
rockoyster
8888 posts
expert
Feb 20, 2020 - 10:15 AM in reply to Dvrvarma

Hello D and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

See www.myswissalps.com/zurich/activities.

Based on your personal itinerary you should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math. The spreadsheet also includes links to the “Where it's valid" page for all available passes. Be sure to check those pages for each pass you are considering. Study the map AND read all the text on those pages to fully understand what is covered by the respective pass.

For checking timetables see www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/checking-train-timetables.

Ildiko
Ildiko
949 posts
top member &
Feb 20, 2020 - 11:09 AM in reply to Dvrvarma

Hi Dvrvarma,

you can find a list of accommodation near the Zurich Airport at www.myswissalps.com/zurichairporthotels.

I would also recommend Lucerne as a day trip from Zurich: www.myswissalps.com/lucerne/activities and www.myswissalps.com/lakelucerne/activities.

For visiting Zurich also see www.myswissalps.com/bahnhofstrasse and www.myswissalps.com/hiking/zurich and www.myswissalps.com/zurich/travel.

Ildiko

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020