Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  December on the Glacier express

December on the Glacier express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mary wimsatt
Mary wimsatt
3 posts
Mar 7, 2020 - 1:25 PM

When will I be able to buy tickets for December 2020 for the Glacier express? where is the best place to buy them. I am in the US. Thank you for your assistance!

Anna
Anna
827 posts
top member &
Mar 7, 2020 - 3:05 PM in reply to Mary wimsatt

Hi Mary,

You can buy the Glacier Express tickets online or at the railway station before boarding as long as you have a seat reservation. If you are travelling over a few days in Switzerland, I recommend you look into getting a railpass such as the Swiss Travel Pass to enjoy free travel and discounted tickets. The Swiss Travel Pass is also valid on the pnaoramic trains but you do need to make seat reservation, which can be made up to 90 days in advance.

For more information and a list of resellers, please check out these links:

Regards,

Anna

Mary wimsatt
Mary wimsatt
3 posts
Mar 7, 2020 - 6:12 PM in reply to Anna

Thank you! Still trying to decide if I should use an agent or book my hotels and train from Basel to Zermatt, then the Glacier Express to St Moritz, and finally a night in Zurich on my own. Any suggestions?

Arno
Arno
14315 posts
expert &
Mar 7, 2020 - 6:16 PM

Hi Mary,

You can easily book this yourself, but if you don't feel comfortable doing so or if it will take you too much time, then an agent can be handy. Basically this is your itinerary, with a few small changes: www.myswissalps.com/plantrip/doityourself/sampleitineraries/glacierexpresstour. That page explains what to book. Hotels in Basel can be found here: www.myswissalps.com/basel/hotels.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020