Delivery of Swiss Travel Pass purchased online?

• WTandBeyond
    Participant
    31 posts
    3 February 2020 at 16:00:03 #825091

I bought a travel pass for my family online (through STC) approximately one week ago, in conjunction with tickets for Junfraujoch and Pilatus. The Pilatus tickets are being mailed to me, but the travel pass and Jungraujoch tickets were supposed to be online delivery. The confirmation email I received from STC states BOTH that I will “receive a link via email to a pdf file with your ticket within minutes of purchasing” AND “a PDF link for printing your ticket will be sent to your email address at least 7 workings days prior to departure”. (Clearly contradictory information.) I have not yet received this email for the pdf link (we travel in June). Is it normal to not receive an email link for the online delivery tickets within minutes? I purchased the free seat reservation on jungfraujoch deal and haven’t received any email in regard to that, either. I guess I would like to get the seat reservation done sooner rather than later, but can not without the email.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    3 February 2020 at 16:15:19 #929332

Hi WTandBeyond,

Normally you should receive the pass in minutes, although there is some manual work involved in this promotion. Did you check your junk mail folder? The e-mail may have ended up there. If not, please get in touch with them: http://www.myswissalps.com/aboutus/partners/sbb.

Just let us know if you need more assistance.

WTandBeyond
    Participant
    31 posts
    3 February 2020 at 17:42:56 #929333

Thank you. I checked my junk email and it isn’t there, so I sent them an email.

Arno
    15479 posts
    8 February 2020 at 8:56:23 #929334

Hi WTandBeyond,

Has this been cleared up now?

WTandBeyond
    Participant
    31 posts
    8 February 2020 at 13:30:41 #929335

Hi, I received an email from them in reply that highlighted the part of the original email that said delivery will occur within 7 days of travel. Then they thanked me for my patience. Still waiting for it. 😊

Anna
    6351 posts
    8 February 2020 at 14:33:31 #929336

Hi WTandBeyond,

When are you travelling? Based on the response, you’ll get it at least a week before your trip.

Anna

Arno
    15479 posts
    11 February 2020 at 7:32:04 #929337

Ok, thanks, that’s due to the manual processing of this promotion then. It should all be fine, but feel free to let us know if you need more assistance.

WTandBeyond
    Participant
    31 posts
    11 February 2020 at 14:11:10 #929338

I guess my biggest concern is that by the time I receive it, it will be too late to get seats with advance reservations, thus making this promotion fairly useless

Arno
    15479 posts
    11 February 2020 at 14:26:29 #929339

I wouldn’t worry about that. Jungfraujoch trains are rarely fully booked more than one day in advance, and you’re not traveling until June. They may get fully booked in high season once the short term weather forecast shows beautiful weather.

Arno
    15479 posts
    25 April 2020 at 6:00:08 #929340

Hi WTandBeyond,

I noticed your e-mail to Switzerland Travel Centre, where you requested a refund for your passes for late June. Please note that they have a special coronavirus related cancellation policy in place for trips until May. You can read about that and more coronavirus related news here: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland. It might be more economical for you to cancel closer to your travel date. Be sure to check that with them before cancelling. If you cancel now, I expect the standard cancellation policy to apply (an 85% refund).

Hopefully you’ll be able to plan a postponed trip soon. Just keep following MySwissAlps for the latest news 🙂

WTandBeyond
    Participant
    31 posts
    25 April 2020 at 13:56:53 #929341

Hi, thanks for the info. I sent another email telling them that I would wait until they made a decision about June. However, since Switzerland has stated they won’t be issuing any visas until at least June 15th, I am surprised they don’t have a policy in place for June refunds already. I must admit that it also makes me very nervous that I never received the tickets, not even the ones that were supposed to be delivered electronically.

• The thread ‘Delivery of Swiss Travel Pass purchased online?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.